Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to the longest-running* yet least-read** blog on the internet! Here you'll find me writing about all the things that I write about, which strikes me, just now, as somewhat recursive. In any case, enjoy :)

* not true ** probably true

Sunday, June 26, 2005

WirelessSticky!

Went to Funan today and now have wireless! Of course the signal doesn't actually travel far enough to get to my home office, but at least I can slack on the couch while I blog. Before now I had to cram myself in a tiny corner next to the television, and had to lean to the left if anyone wanted to change the channel.

Connecting was needlessly complex, though, and eventually required me calling Starhub... is it just me, or do they write those manuals specificaly to frustrate the end user?

In other news, dubya seems to be having a hard time of it back in the US (cue false sympathy). According to Yahoo news, his approval rating has been below 50% for weeks. Gee, some buyer's remorse going on? Too late now, Red States. You rode the elephant, now you get to scoop the poop.

As the war in Iraq drags on and American soldiers continue to get killed for a cause that was controversial from day one, I guarantee his approval rating will continue to slide. The problem is, he doesn't care. He doesn't have any more elections to win, now does he?

The best that can happen is that any proposal he tries to push through gets stalled in Congress. It's about damage control, now. Bush doesn't have to worry about re-election, but thankfully the house and senate do. And since only 15% of Americans believe that Congress is doing anything that directly benefits the American people, maybe it's finally time for American government to start shaking off the bush 'compassionate conservatism' pall.

Oh, and where the hell is Osama?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul Krugman wrote a nice piece in NYT/IHT about declining US support for the Iraq war. There was also a good article by Max Hastings in the Guardian.
Lucky you blogging wirelessly! Carry on.