2017 has been a long, hard road, both personally and in general, but it has also been a year marked by firsts. For me, it was the first time I've ever earned a degree, so I can't say 2017 was all bad.
I also want to try something new, writing-wise, and I thought maybe you'd like to join in on that.
I'll be launching a new series soon, as you might already know. But before I put the first book up for sale, I thought I'd allow people to take a look at an uncorrected, advance copy for free:
Now in order to make this manageable for me, I'm going to put in a few guidelines:
- You'll get a pdf copy (also offering kindle and epub files would get pretty hairy for me)
- I can't offer any tech support: the only thing I have going for me, where technology is concerned, is the fact that I have opposable thumbs
- Only Prayers in Steel, the first book, is ready at the moment. The rest will follow. I'll let you know when, don't worry. If things go well, I might do the same deal for the other two books.
- You're under no obligation to leave reviews, though of course you're welcome to
- You're under no obligation to tell all your friends and family about this awesome new book, but I can't stop you if you choose to
- Let's not upload these to any pirate sites, hmmm-kay?
- If you would like an advance copy, you'll need to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GIMME. I'll reply with a pdf attachment of the book
- If you're not subscribed to my newsletter and would like to be, be sure to mention that.
- If you're not subscribed to my newsletter and don't want to be, there's no need to say anything -- I wouldn't add you without your permission
- I'm gonna put a deadline of Christmas Eve on this, because I hope to have the book available for sale before the new year
...and that's it!
I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season, and meet the new year refreshed and full of hope.