Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to the longest-running* yet least-read** blog on the internet! Here you'll find me writing about all the things that I write about, which strikes me, just now, as somewhat recursive. In any case, enjoy :)

* not true ** probably true

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a personal discovery

tonight I realized that the relief of pain is a much finer feeling (to me) than the application of pleasure is. There is a clarity that comes as pain recedes, whereas pleasure just befuddles.

tomorrow I see the doctor, unless the pain returns in the night.

4 comments:

expat@large said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
expat@large said...

ah yes, there's Schopenhauer dictum - it is not pleasure that we seek, but relief from pain. Schopenhauer either had the flu or peripheral neuropathy.

Jae Jagger said...

Heavy opiates changes the whole picture--

Screwy said...

Aw, hope you feel better, MM. It's too bad JCD is invite-only, but I'm glad we're seeing a few updates here. Recover soon!