Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to the longest-running* yet least-read** blog on the internet! Here you'll find me writing about all the things that I write about, which strikes me, just now, as somewhat recursive. In any case, enjoy :)

* not true ** probably true

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ireland loves/hates me

Of course, what else should I expect from the birthplace of my ancestors besides a dysfunctional relationship?

Waste Land is the #1 free iTunes sci fi short story there. It's also #1 in the broader free science fiction and literature category, and #5 in the free 'sci fi & fantasy' category, the broadest of the categories I can hope to aspire to (after that it's just 'books', which includes every book published). That's the first time I've broken the top ten in any country, in the SF & F category.

'Thief who Spat' on the other hand is only #18 in its epic category, #132 in general fantasy, and doesn't even make the top 200 in the free sci fi & fantasy.

To which I can only say to Ireland, I love/hate you, too*.

(*Just kidding. Only love flows from me as from a font towards the Emerald Isle of my progenitors.)

4 comments:

marke said...

Damn!

Just downloaded and read "Wasteland".

That is bloody good!

I'm no fan of short stories, (usually just succeed in getting across an idea perhaps wih a twist or two...)but this has the dramatic murder scene, evokes the ache of missing a child, mysteries of science, and of human motives, and questions the divide between science and god.

Would make a hell of a good movie, esp with opening 'murder scene/mystery/explanations', then flashbacks to earth to fill in the blanks/backgound.... then the final 'flashback' that is revealed to NOT be a flashback (a facial scar or other clue...?)..

A modern 2001, A Space Odyssey... (except not boring...)

Sorry, raving here, but as you can tell, I quite like it.

expat@large said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
expat@large said...

Me too. What he said.

Michael McClung said...

Hi marke-

Sorry for the very late reply. It's been ... weird ... around here lately. I'm very happy that you enjoyed it, and thanks so much for the Smashwords review - my very first!

E@L- If you want to get paid, you can't just phone it in like that :D