Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to the longest-running* yet least-read** blog on the internet! Here you'll find me writing about all the things that I write about, which strikes me, just now, as somewhat recursive. In any case, enjoy :)

* not true ** probably true

Thursday, May 19, 2005

GET WELL, KYLIE'S BREASTS


AP photo, Straits Times, Thursday May 19 Posted by Hello


Maybe it's just me, but considering the fact that Kylie Minogue is battling breast cancer, you'd think ST could find a photo that reeked less of crude, thoughtless, inconsiderate irony.

On the other hand, The Straits Times, Like SomethingStickyThisWayComes, is all about the sensationalism rather than oh, say, the news.

On page 2 of Life!, yet another picture of Kylie, featuring not her breasts but her tush. The caption on that one? 'Aussies Rally Behind Kylie' (emphasis mine).

Who was the editor that didn't catch all this? I want to hire him/her! Sensational!

No comments: