Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to the longest-running* yet least-read** blog on the internet! Here you'll find me writing about all the things that I write about, which strikes me, just now, as somewhat recursive. In any case, enjoy :)

* not true ** probably true

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

AKA 'NO VOLUME DISCOUNT'


AKA 'NO VOLUME DISCOUNT'
Originally uploaded by MercerMachine.
How bad ads are born, part 2:

Client: we sell at $8 each. I want to get people to buy many at once, though.
Copywriter: Okay, we can offer them a volume discount.
Client: No, the price is $8 each.
Copywriter: So no volume discount.
Client: Right. But I want to get people to buy many at once.
Copywriter: …
Client: You’re the advertising genius, right? You figure it out.
Copywriter: Okay… I have one idea. Maybe they won’t do the math….

1 comment:

The Facetious Cap'n Intrepid said...

jack up the price to $9 for low volume sales and use the extra $1 for high volume sales to smack them senseless...